Health and fitness is not a destination, but a journey for life
Subscribe to my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGbtHQw1Knl8RE6DNOUIChQ
I became a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) by the National Strength and Conditioning Association in 2008, and I have been re-certified with distinction in 2011, and 2014 consecutively. I re-certified again in 2017.
I have over 20 years’ experience in the health and fitness industry. I have experience with sports teams, individual training, group training, and corporate group training.
I have worked for Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) at the National Cricket Academy (NCA). I was part of a large, multi-disciplinary team involved in managing BCCI Contracted National Cricket Players. I worked closely with Sports Physiotherapists and Cricket Coaches to provide a coordinated approach to prevent injuries and manage sports related strength and conditioning needs.
I was responsible to conduct regular fundamental movement screenings, physical competency, fitness testing, and targeted interventions and provide individualized sport-specific Strength and Conditioning programs.
I have also delivered educational classes to fitness trainers all over India to maintain consistency in training methods for Indian cricketers across all the various States of India.
I was the Strength and Conditioning Coach for the India-A National Cricket teams during their tours to West Indies, New Zealand, and South Africa.
• My expertise lies in delivering performance enhancement programs to athletes by using yoga and strength training methods, tailored to the demands of their sport and integrated into their training in an easy, sustainable and enjoyable way
• Using these holistic principles, I have been successful in training elite athletes in the field of cricket, golf, tennis, badminton, and swimming
• Knowledge of human anatomy and the concepts of functional exercise,
advanced nutrition and exercise science
• Ability to design individual and group exercise programs tailored to the needs
and attainable goals of specific clients
• Ability to conduct and understand the need and importance of screening and
client assessment, initially and progressively
• Ability to execute individual fitness program design in a safe and effective way
• A desire to help clients reach their health and fitness goals through appropriate cardiovascular, flexibility, and resistance exercise
• Ability to motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health
• Dedication to maintaining personal integrity and your own health and fitness
Bachelor of Commerce, MES College, Bangalore
ICSE Certification, Bishop Cotton Boys School, Bangalore
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
National Strength and Conditioning Association
2008 - 2020
Resistance Training Program Design
Strength and Conditioning Coach
2019 - Present
Strength and Conditioning Specialist Consultant
Professional teams and athletes
2014 - Present
Strength and Conditioning Coaching Specialist
National Cricket Academy - BCCI India
2010 - 2014
Strength & Conditioning Coach
Indian Premier League 2nd. Ed.
Strength & Conditioning Coach
Karnataka State Cricket Association - KSCA Bangalore
2008 - 2010
Freelance Fitness Trainer
Cricket - Bangalore United Cricket Club (BUCC)
• Visited Australia to play matches with the University and Club teams in Sydney,,Melbourne, and Adelaide in 1988 and 1990
• Captained the club team and elevated the team from 5th Division to 4th Division
MES College, Bangalore
• Was part of the cricket team from Pre-university through Degree
• Captained the College cricket team in the final year of college
• Singles Champion at the Bowring Institute, Bangalore for the year 2000
• Singles Champion at the Sadashivanagar Club, Bangalore
1999, 2000, 2001
Fitness Trainer for 2018 KPL Cricket Champions - Bijapur Bulls (Video Courtesy: Bijapur Bulls)
2008 Newspaper Article
Training the World Class Tennis Players